An Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court in Osun State on Thursday, ordered that a driver, Harrison Chatchi, be remanded in a correctional facility,over reckless driving, pending bail application.
NAN reports that Harrison Chatchi allegedly drove his truck in a reckless manner, killing a motorcyclist and two OAU students
Chatchi, is charged with driving against traffic law, reckless driving, manslaughter and criminal damage.
The Magistrate, Mr Olukunle Owolawi, who did not grant the defendant bail, ordered the defence counsel to file a written application for bail.
Owolawi adjourned the case until Oct. 31, for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Sunday Osanyintuyi, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Sept 2, around 12. 30 p.m. at RCC Junction, OSU expressway, Ile-Ife.
Osanyintuyi alleged that the defendant, being the driver in-charge of one Luxurious bus with Reg No: AAA 454 XW drove against the traffic laws on a public Highway and caused the death of a motorcycle rider, Sunday Oyemakinwa, 35.
He alleged that the defendant also caused the death of two passengers who were to write their Post-UTME exam on Sept 2 at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
The prosecution said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 4, 6 (10), 18 and 78(1) of the Road Traffic Law, Osun, 2002.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Defence Counsel, Mr Richardson Onyebueke, made an oral bail application.
Onyebueke prayed the court to admit his client to bail in the most liberal terms, pledging that his client would not jump bail
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution