Court Remands Scammer For $1million Multiple Frauds
Justice Mohammed Sanni of the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State has remanded a suspected fraudster, Oghenekevwe Innocent Akinnawo (a.ok.a Rodriguez Filiberto, Richard Welburn and Scott Mendez) in jail, following his arraignment on Thursday , March 7, 2019 on a seven-check cost verging on getting money by falsification to the tune of $1, 138,000( One Million One Hundred and Thirty Eight Million Dollars)solely.
Akinnawo saved operating into inconveniences when he was captured by brokers of the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port Harcourt’s Zonal Office on supposed faux workouts going from adoration trick on varied courting web sites, buying money by affections and dishonest two Americans: Lucille De Mattos and Patricia Hawks on a faux oil cargo discount.
He was docked based mostly on examination workouts that ensnared him.
Tally One of the cost learn: That you Oghenekewe Innocent Akinnawo, ( in any other case referred to as Rodriguez Filiberto, Richard Welburn and Scott Mendez) and Theresa Thornton ( in every single place) among the time in February in 2018 at Port Harcourt contained in the ward of this Honorable Court conspired amongst yourselves to finish an illegal demonstration to thoughts: get money beneath falsification from one Lucille De Mattos, an American resident and on this manner devoted an offense regardless of Section 8(a) and culpable beneath Section 1( 3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offenses Act, 2006.
Check Two learn: “That you Oghenekewe Innocent Akinnawo, ( in any other case referred to as Rodriguez Filiberto, Welburn and Scott Mendez and Theresa Thornton ( in every single place) in some circumstances in February in 2018 at Port Harcourt beneath the jurisdiction of this Honorable Court obtained the entire of $1,030,000 (One Million and Thirty Thousand Dollars) simply from one Lucille De Mattos, an American native beneath the misrepresentation that the entire was a hypothesis and which affectation you knew to be false and alongside these strains submitted an offense versus Section 1( 1) (an) and culpable beneath Section 1( 3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offenses Act, 2006”.
The respondent argued “not responsible” to the fees when perused to him.
Prosecution counsel, A. Arogbha informed the court that he was ready for preliminary and petitioned God for a preliminary date. Be that as it could, protection counsel, Reuben Wanogho made an software for bail however could not be heard on the grounds that Arogbha informed the court that he was served the appliance late and required time to react to it.
Justice Sanni from that time adjourned the case to March 13, 2019 for the bail software whereas been remanded in jail custody.
He moreover deferred initiation of preliminary listening to to April Eight and 11, 2019.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- NDDC Fight: Nothing Should Happen To Our Daughter — Wike Sends Strong Warning To Akpabio
- American Court Denies Hushpuppi Bail, To Remain In Prison
- BREAKING: Police Seize Magu’s Official Bulletproof Vehicles, Seal Office
- We Are Not Safe – Nigerians Reacts As 602 Ex-Boko Haram Members Are Set To Be Freed By FG
- C-River School Of Nursing Sciences Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC — Govt
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on