A Kano High Court, on Wednesday sentenced a 25-year-old man, Umar Yakubu, to death by hanging for stabbing his friend, Ibrahim Adamu, 22, to death throughout an argument over N20 loan.
NAN stories that Yakubu, who lives at Sabuwar Gandu Quarters in Kano, was convicted on a one-count cost of culpable murder, opposite to Section 221 of the Penal Code Law. Delivering judgment, Justice Dije Aboki, held that the Prosecution has proved its case past affordable doubts.
Earlier, the prosecution counsel, Lamido Soron-Dinki, instructed the court that on June 13, 2018 at about 11 a.m in Sabiwar Gandu Quarters, Kano, the convict requested the deceased to give him a loan him of N20. Soron-Dinki mentioned the convict stabbed the deceased within the chest with a scissors throughout an argument over the N20 loan.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company