The Akwa Ibom State Government has rejected the 10; very old, used vehicles donated by ExxonMobil for use in the COVID-19 contact tracing in the state.
The decision was taken at the State COVID-19 Committee meeting yesterday following an evaluation of the vehicles and other donations to the state by the oil company. The vehicles are considered too old and not in good enough operational conditions to withstand the rigors of contact tracing which they were meant to serve.
However, The state government has accepted the two ambulances and 20 hospital beds also donated by the oil company, despite the fact that the ambulances are converted buses while the beds are below the standard of those currently in secondary healthcare facilities in the state.
The Akwa Ibom State Government appreciates the continued support of corporate bodies and private individuals who have so far made cash or other materials donations towards the fight against COVID-19 in the state.
Citizens and Residents are advised to continue to maintain prescribed safety protocols.
Charles Udoh KSJ
Commissioner for Information
Akwa Ibom State
May 17, 2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BREAKING!! Arsenal Defeat Chelsea To Win FA Cup
- The Environment Is Our Heritage’ We Must Work Hands In Gloves To Stop Those Destroying It – DG CRSEPA
- Southern Kaduna: Hope Dashed As Killings Persists Despite Curfew, Military Enforcement
- I can’t Remember The Number of People I Have Killed Because They Are Many – Boko Haram Fighter
- Former PDP Chairman Dumps Party, Decamp To APC
- Job Vacancies at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Latest Job in Nigeria at Zetech Oil Services Nigeria Limited (5 Positions)
- Virgin Landmarts Limited Job Recruitment for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria today 2020 at Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Panafric Ocean & Energy Limited 2020 Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions )