COVID-19: Eat healthy, limit alcohol, avoid sugary drinks, exercise — WHO warns
The tips were issued by WHO Director-General, Tedros Ghebreyesus, on Thursday in a video clip.
“During this difficult time, it is important to continue looking after your physical and mental health, this will not only help you but in the long term,” he said.
He said it is important to eat healthy and nutritious diet, which helps the immune system to function properly.
“Limit your alcohol consumption and avoid sugary drinks. Do not smoke, smoking can increase your risk of developing severe disease if you become infected with COVID 19,” he added.
He explained that exercise plays a vital role to the health and as such, “WHO recommends 30 minutes of physical activity a day for adults and one hour a day for children”.
“If your local or national guildlines allow it, go outside for a work a run or a ride and keep a safe distance from others, if you can’t leave the house, find an exercise video online, dance to music, do some yoga or walk up and down the stairs,” he said.
“If you are working at home, make sure you don’t sit on the same position for long periods get up and take a three minutes break every 30 mins.”
He harped on the need for individuals to look after their mental health and advised that communication help reduce the mental stress.
“Look after your mental health, it’s normal to feel stressed, confused and scared during a crisis, talking to people you know and trust can help. Supporting other people in your community can help you as much as it does to them,” he added.
“Check on neighbours, family and friends. Compassion is a medicine, listen to music, read a book or play a game.
“Try not read or watch too much news if it makes you anxious. Get your information from reliable sources once or twice a day,” Mr Ghebreyesus said.
– Premium Times
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Recruitment How to Apply Now!
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Research Centres of Excellence In Nigerian Universities
- Kogi: We Must Reclaim Our Stolen Mandate — PDP Gives Musa Wada Hope
- 2023: Will Atiku Take Another Shot At The Presidency, What Are His Chances Of Wining?
- Serious Trouble In NDDC As Akpabio, Ex-NDDC Managing Director Fight Dirty
- Lockdown: One Feared Dead As Police, Thugs Ransack Ogun Community
Share this post with your Friends on