1. We at Social Democratic Party (SDP), Ukwuani LGA Chapter have concurred to address the Press today, being the 22nd day of April, 2020 on the management of the outbreak of the prevailing pandemic, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Nigeria, Delta State in particular, basically, to commend efforts and address some salient issues.
2. No doubt, sacrificial efforts has so far been made by some privileged and well meaning individuals, government officials and NGO’s to contail the spread of the deadly and dreaded virus which is presently devastating the world and the economies of great nations and third world countries.
3.We, therefore want to use this medium to respectfully, specially and specifically appreciate the thus far efforts of the Executive Governor of our dear State, Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa in putting strategies, policies, guidelines and preventive lockdown measures in place to curtail the spread of the virus in Delta State.
4. The overwhelming efforts of Hon. Chukudi Dafe, the Executive Chairman of Ukwuani Local Government in ensuring that Ukwuani people complies to Delta State Government’s injunctions intended to combat COVID-19 is greatly appreciated.
5. And despite the unprecedented and harsh restrictive measures put in place by the government to prevent the spread of the virus, our people, Ukwuani people have complied with all the preventive guidelines and their willingness to continue to maintain peace and order even in face of cruelty of enforcement officers deserves commendation.
6. Empirically, the lockdown and restriction of movement is indeed yielding the desired results but a lot still need need to be done.
7. However, with dismay, we received plethora of complementary complaints from our leaders and supporters across the INEC WARDS in our LGA of how the stay-at-home palliatives emanating from both the State and elected Representatives were arbitrarily distributed along party line with discernible marginalisation of opposition’s party supporters who are deemed to be vulnerable persons.
8. It is unimaginable and shameful that in this difficult time occasioned by the prevailing pandemic people still allow partisan disparities to eat up their conscience and humanity. May God forgive their ignorance!
9. Moreso, the noninclusion of the opposition political party’s leaders in Delta State Food Bank committee and other committees constituted by the state government to curtail the pandemic in the state is an indication of “anyhowness” and a well orchestrated move to give the PDP undue advantage in future elections and this is unconscionable.
10. We therefore appeal to the conscience of the authorities concern to as a matter of urgency, reconstitute the various committees to accommodate the members of the opposition political parties.
11. Although, the general public has been assured by the Executive Governor of our dear Delta State, that the palliatives will not be publicized, nevertheless, for TRANSPARENCY sake, let the opposition political parties be involved.
12. Also, we equally observed that the palliatives from the Delta State Food Bank is grossly inadequate. We wonder how few cups of Rice and Beans will be able to sustain families in Ukwuani LGA for two weeks or more.
13. We therefore appeal to the Delta state government to as a matter of urgency increase the supply of palliatives to Ukwuani LGA.
14. We also appeal to our elected representatives at all levels and well-meaning individuals to continue to extend their unconditional arms of generosity and kindness to the vulnerable persons.
15. It’s morally wrong to politicise the health and socio-economic welfare of our people. While we call on all the elected and appointed individuals in the government to do away with their partisan spectacles and give way for humanity, they must ensure all hands are on deck in fight against the pandemic
16. Most retirees may appear invulnerable but in reality, they are one of the most vulnerable persons battling with the calamitous effects of the lockdown. We hereby passionately appeal to the Delta State government to make adequate relief provisions for the retirees who are yet to be paid their gratuity/pension.
17. More so, we appeal to the government at all levels to start making preparations for post COVID-19 knock-on effects in order to minimize the envisaged negative impacts
18. Ladies and Gentlemen, at this juncture, we appeal to the citizens and residence of Ukwuani LGA to continue to be law abiding and comply with the directives of health personnels and other relevant government agencies in curtailing the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
19. Sooner than later, we will resume our normal lives by the grace of the Almighty God.
20. We should not forget to keep washing our hands with soap and running water and apply hand Sanitizers while not forgetting to keep Social Distancing.
21. Once again, we deeply appreciate the Ukwuani LGA chairman, the enforcement officers (members of Nigerian Police Force, Ukwuani Vigilantes, and other security agencies) and our traditional rulers for their unwavering commitments to ensuring we win the war against COVID-19 in Delta State and Nigeria at large.
22. We also appreciate traditionalists, worshippers, the clergy men and women for their understanding and prayers in this tough period. We have faith and sincerely trust that God will answer their prayers. Amen 🙏🏿
23. Thank you all and God bless Ukwuani.
LGA. Long live Ukwuani LGA!
Long live SDP Ukwuani LGA!
Mr Emikpe Anthony Chibueze,
Chairman, SDP Ukwuani LGA.
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst