A Taxi driver was reportedly beaten to death yesterday by security operatives, for carrying passengers who were not wearing face masks.
An eyewitness @ayebechristopher, revealed that the incident occurred at Marian in Calabar, Cross River State’s capital.
He said the driver who was wearing a face mask when he was stopped, was beaten by security operatives till he collapsed. He was confirmed dead thereafter.
The Instagram user wrote;
WHO said only wear Mask if you’re sick or taking care of a sick person but the Governor of CRS with his own eye service, so they’ll say he’s fighting Corona too came out and said you must wear Nose Mask else you stay indoors, (that’s actually not the problem) but why not give the Law Enforcement Agents you’re using proper orientation.
Now they’ve killed someone. Shey you’re happy now ? Is that what other States with Covid-19 cases are doing ? No confirmed case in Calabar yet and you’ve started killing people. This is really sad. The mask you even said you’ll distribute was only distributed in Government House. Na wa ooo.
Source : TheCityTrend.com.ng
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group