Cross River 2023: Ayade Speaks On His Anointed Candidate
Cross River State Governor, Professor Ben Ayade, has said he is not desperate to name and anoint his successor ahead of the 2023 general elections.
Ayade stated this on Monday while receiving his Bauchi State counterpart, Bala Mohammed at the Government House in Calabar, who is in the state to resolve an internal PDP party crisis.
Addressing the party faithful, governor Ayade said the PDP has delivered the highest victory story in the state under his watch.
“Under my watch, PDP has delivered the highest victory story in the history of Cross River State. So it is not now that somebody can discuss what structures or strategy I need,” he said.
Your visit, therefore, is a watershed and our private discussions very clear to me. I do know there are a lot of people looking up to me for 2023.
“I can’t afford to make a decision just for my sake. I am not desperate in putting a successor but I am desperate for their well-being.”
On his part, Governor Mohammed said the need for the party to remain United cannot be overemphasized especially as the country gradually tilts towards the next political era.
He however commended Ayade for connecting to the people of the state politically.
“You are inexorably connected in terms of perception, vision and where we want to take the country together and because our forefathers have been together in this kind of thing, we are connected intellectually and politically.
There must be structures put in place to make sure that the affairs and aspirations of all Nigerians, especially our leaders are reached,” he said.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution