Cross River Assembly confirms 18 commissioner nominees so far, remaining 21
By Itam Offor, Calabar
The State House of Assembly has granted consequential confirmation of 15 more nominees for appointment as commissioners in the State Public Service.
The confirmation followed the presentation of the report of the House committee on Judiciary, Public Service matters, Public Petition and Conflict Resolution headed by Rt. Hon. Efa Esua which was saddled with the responsibility of screening the nominees.
In the report, the committee concluded that the nominees were found fit to be appointed as members of the State Executive Council.
The Speaker, Rt Hon Eteng Jonah Williams charged the nominees to reciprocate the confidence reposed in them by the State Governor by working very hard to take the State to higher heights.
Speaking to newsmen after the confirmation, one of the nominees and former Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Barr. RoseMary Archibong expressed appreciation to the Governor for her reappointment.
Barr. Archibong commended Governor Ben Ayade for reappointing all former commissioners while promising that they will reciprocate the Governors gesture through hard work. ‘’ we are going to be even more hard working’’ she said.
Archibong further commended the State Lawmakers for their expedited action in the confirmation process and the synergy existing between the legislature and the Executive.
According to her, ‘’It is an absolute synergy being consolidated in the State for us to actualize the industrialization objectives of his Excellency ’’.
The confirmation process is ongoing as Governor Ayade forwarded 39 nominees to the Assembly out of which 18 have so far been confirmed.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022