By Prince Charles Ekanem, Calabar.
Where there’s life there’s hope. Abia Community of Etung LGA over the years have suffered trauma and negligence from telecommunications network companies.
A remote village located in between boundaries of Boki and Ikom LGA of Cross River State have no accessible road, electricity and network communication.
Many households hung their cell phones on trees and antenna poles outside their homes to attract network. Such is the one at Primary Healthcare Centre, Abia the only health facility in the community.
While engulfing on the euphoria of the situation in a household beside the facility a woman
stretches her hands towards the sky as if that was where the solution to her present predicament lies.
Lamenting about the situation, Incharge of Primary Healthcare Centre Abia, Etung LGA of Cross River State, Mrs Iquo Edet Ibor decry non telecommunications network as operators opt for collocation.
“I mounted the antenna because of network challenge in Abia Ward ever since I came here. To refer patients is very difficult except I run down to the village junction to hire a bike that will take patients down to Ikom (About an hour drive).
According to her the only means of connecting the antenna to her phone is through the cable that enables her have access to Globacom network.
She tasked Government and telecommunications companies to come to their aid by mounting mass, repair roads for emergencies emanating from referrals especially from the facility to General Hospital Ikom.
- 2023 Presidency: North Considering Jonathan To Take Over From Buhari
- Ondo Governorship Election: Fear Grips APC As Makinde, Tambuwal, Mimiko Meet To Forge Last Minute Alliance To …
- Nationwide Strike: Airspace Joins NLC, Vow To Shutdown Operation
- Disregard Fake News, ASUU Strike Is Still On — UNILAG Chairman
- NLC Dares FG, Insist On Nationwide Total Shutdown Protest Despite Court Order