Department of Public Transportation, DOPT, facilitated by Senator Professor Ben Ayade , Cross River State governor, has negotiated a reduction in air fare to and increase in the number flight’s into and from Calabar by Airpeace.
Comrade Godwin Nyiam, Director General of DOPT who paid a business visit to the Chief Executive Officer, CEO, of Airpeace, Allen Onyema in Lagos on Thursday extracted a commitment from Mr Onyema to increase the number of flights to and from Calabar.
” On the whole, we discussed at length and the CEO of Airprace haa agreed that before the end of November, the number of flights from Lagos to Calabar and Abuja to Calabar will be increased to two daily”. Nyiam said.
The DOPT boss asserted that from the discussion, the cost of air tickets which fluctuates will be stabilised to make it easier and cheaper for people to afford.
“Mr Allen said sometimes, the agents increase the air fares and sometimes hoard the tickets when traffic is high to increase the cost of the tickets and that would be addressed
Comrade Nyiam stated that Allen said Airpeace fares are the cheapest in Africa and every thing will be done to reduce the airfares for travellers in Calabar.
The sustained commitment of Comrade Nyiam to bring a change to public transportation in Cross River is a clear testament of the need to appoint young and energetic persons into public office because age is just number not wisdom or experience.
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting