Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State has directed all commissioners and other political appointees in his administration to, henceforth, desist from making public and policy statements on social media.
Ayade gave the directive in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Christian Ita, in Calabar.
The governor warned the commissioners as well as appointees of government against granting or making both radio and television interviews/appearances without getting clearance from him.
“Henceforth, no commissioner or political appointee is allowed to showcase or make policy pronouncements on social media without seeking clearance from the governor.
“Every commissioner is, henceforth, expected to prove himself or herself on the field rather than on the social media.
“I want to make it clear that there are just two persons designated for the discharge of this function.
“They are the Commissioner for Information and Orientation as well as the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity,” the statement stated.
The governor also warned that any contravention of the directive would be met with severe sanctions.
- Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST Recruitment 2021 )
- Executive Secretary / Fund Raiser in a Corporate NGO
- Job Vacancies in a Reputable Marketing and Brand Communication Agency
- Zonal Security Manager ( West Africa) at Fadac Resources and Services
- Software Developer (Full Stack) at Fadac Resources and Services
- Job Opportunities at Dangote Group
- Job Opportunities at Food Concepts Plc