The Cross River State chapter of the Labour Party, (LP) has dissociated itself from the self-declaration of one Chief Ernest Joe as the gubernatorial candidate of Labour Party in Cross River State.
In a statement signed by the State Publicity Secretary, Dr L.U Ofem and sent to Weetalknaija.com.ng, challenged Chief Ernest Joe to provide evidence that he is a card carrying member of Labour Party.
Read the full statement below:
The attention of Labour Party in Cross River State under the leadership of Ambassador Ogar Osim was drawn to a publication in Primetime News where a certain man Chief Ernest Joe in an interview with journalists in Calabar claimed to be the gubernatorial candidate of Labour Party in Cross River State.
In his interview, he also accused the State Party Chairman of taking unilateral position on party matters after winning the party primary elections.
For the avoidance of doubt, we challenge Chief Ernest Joe to:
1. Provide evidence that he is a card carrying member of Labour Party
2. Provide evidence of purchasing an Intent and nomination form
3. Tell the public where the Primary election for the governorship primary took place, names of INEC Staff present, names of delegates, DSS and other security personnel present as required by INEC Guidelines
4. Provide pictorial evidences of his relationship with Labour Party either at the Ward, Chapter, State, and National.
5. And to provide an evidence of payment for the said form. It is only upon providing all these evidences that he can be taken seriously otherwise we urge our teeming and obedient supporters to ignore him as our authentic Governorship candidate will be announced soon.
Finally, we wish to commend Chief Ernest Joe for assuring the public that Labour Party is on ground and poised to winning elections in Cross River State which is the hard work of the party members under the leadership of Ambassador Ogar Osim which he has failed to recognize. We shall ever remain grateful to the National Chairman of Labour Party, Barrister Julius Abure for his visionary and selfless leadership which will continue attract well-meaning Nigerians into Labour Party.
Dr. L.U Ofem
State Publicity Secretary
Labour Party, Cross River State