Cross River State Government on Monday arrested three persons in Calabar, the State Capital over collection of illegal tax.
The State Commissioner for Transport and Marine Services, Hon. Oqua Edet Oqua, disclosed this to Weetalknaija Daily Post in Calabar, during a working relationship visit by the Greater Calabar Capital City Development Authority (GCCCDA).
He said the State Governor, Sir Ben Ayade is passionate about the wellbeing of every Cross Riverian and is determined to provide a conducive and affordable transportation system in the state.
“Ayade is a passionate leader whose main focus is to ensure that no Cross Riverian goes to bed without food on his table, this is why he inaugurated the Anti-Tax Force Agency (ATFA) to checkmate all illegal collection of taxes from low income earners in the state”.
He said the ban on sales of tickets to commercial drivers in the state is still in force.
Highlighting the Greater Calabar Development Authority roles, Chairman of the Authority, Bassey Effiom who commended the commissioner for his good works upon assumption of office, pledge the Agency’s readiness to partner with the Ministry of Transport for sustainable development in the state.
Also speaking, the Director General, Kingsley lta lkpeme said, as an emerging industrial and toursim hub of the Nation, there is urgent need to build a secure world class transportation system to provide a safe, secure, efficient, affordable and seamless inter-model transportation system that is self sustaining and pivotal to the socio-economic growth in line with global best practices.
Those in attendance in the meeting were; the Special Assistant to the Governor on Greater Calabar Development Authority, Mr Offiong Eyo,and two board directors,Mr.Tony Essien and Mrs Helen Ushie.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021