The Cross River State Director General (DG) of Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr Janet Ekpenyong, on Wednesday enjoined Primary health care staffs in the state to imbibe the culture of strong personal discipline, focus, perseverance, drive, determination to excel and dedication to duty, just as she said such would go a long way in taking them to the peak of their career and enhance public service delivery.
Ekpenyong who gave the charge during a tour of facilities in Calabar metropolis to ascertain the quality of service, said the primary health care centres were among those earmarked for the enrollment of Cross Riverians in the health insurance scheme, the (Ayadecare).
While counseling the staffs to reciprocate the effort of Governor Ben Ayade in repositioning the agency for quality service delivery through their dedication to duty, Dr Ekpenyong said: “We must justify through hard work, the effort in ensuring quality and affordable health care that meets global standard for the people of Cross River State.”
According to her, “my agency will stop at nothing to reward staff who distinguish themselves through hard.”
Among the primary health care facilities visited were NYSC Health care, Palm Street; Maine Avenue Primary Health care, Calabar South Local Government Area, which she described as a model to all other primary health care facilities in the state. It runs a 24-hour service, with about thousand patients monthly.
The DG who later expressed satisfaction with the level of coordination in some of the facilities visited, however, warned that she would not tolerate truancy, as any staff caught will be severely punished.
Some patients lauded the quality of service and thanked the state government for providing a round the clock health care facility.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022