World Water Day is an annual United Nations observance day on the significance of water and its sustainable administration which additionally function a chance to name on the Nigerian authorities to provoke options that may result in clear water and sanitation for Nigerians.
Global Citizen, a global advocacy group and P&G, a world main shopper product firm on Monday hosted an unique celebration of the World Water Day at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, Nigeria.
Speaking on behalf of Cross River State Governor Prof Ben Ayade, DG Cross River State Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Dr Betta Edu stated lives are save in tens of millions when Government put money into water sanitation as Cross River State Government has earmarked 15 million US Dollars funding on water sanitation for the following 5 years and are nonetheless dedicated to being the primary open defecation state in West Africa.
According to her His Excellency, Senator (Prof) Ben Ayade is dedicated to water sanitation by guaranteeing that everybody dwelling in Cross River State can have entry to high quality potable clear water and sanitation. She famous that Nigeria has solely 10 open Defecation free Local Government areas and 5 of them are in cross River with Ikom and Yala celebrating their free standing final weekend. Water is required to make sure sanitation. She praised WSSCC, UNICEF, UKAID, United function, RUWASA & Global residents for his or her efforts
She referred to as on all States in Nigeria to not be left behind by emulating Cross River State effort on water & sanitation as it can save healthcare price and scale back the speed of hospitalization for residents.
Edu stated for Nigeria, poor entry to water and sanitation are a few of the main causes for the excessive mortality fee in kids beneath 5.
“Contaminated consuming water and poor sanitation improve the danger of youngsters contacting water-borne illnesses. If we imbibe the tradition of washing our fingers at the least 4 instances in a day, it can save alot of hospital go to says Governor Ayade represented by Dr Betta Edu.
The occasion function high-level discussions with Nigerian authorities representatives on easy methods to clear up these issues.
Nigeria’s Minister for Water Resources Suleiman Adamu additionally gave a keynote handle on how Nigeria is fixing these issues. Praising Governor Ben Ayade for his new dedication to water and sanitation.
A panel dialogue was moderated by Nigerian journalist Chika Oduah which options different decision makers, activists for clear water and sanitation.
- OCTOBER 1: President Buhari To Address Nigerians From Eagle Square
- Breaking!! Confusion As Lagos Govt Cancels Independent Day Celebration
- HOT! We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor — Oba Of Benin Warns Wike
- BREAKING!! Akeredolu Will Lose Ondo Governorship Election Gallantly, Except — Popular Pastor Predicts
- JUST IN!! Winner Of BBNaija2020, Laycon Receives N30Million Cash Prize, Others
- BBC Recruitment 2020 for for an Editor, Gist Nigeria
- International Organization for Migration Jobs for Graduates
- World Bank Recruitment 2020 for a Graduate Administrative Assistant in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Virgin Forest Energy Limited
- Engineering Jobs in Nigeria at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)