The Cross River State government has started the distribution of Rice seedlings to states in the South-South region of the country.
This is coming after the purchase of seedlings worth N3 Billion by the Central Bank of Nigeria for the wet season planting.
The CBN governor Mr Godwin Emefele was in the state a fourth night ago to formally seal the deal and announce the plans of the Federal government in improving rice production by encouraging and supporting farmers to engage in Wet season planting or improved seedlings.
See more Photos:
Gov Ayade was spotted earlier today assisting in the packaging of the products(vitaminized rice seedlings) for onward exportation to other states in the region.
Nigeria is hoping to become self sufficient in rice production in the nearest future.
Credit : Voice of Yala.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group