Following a truth discovering mission by Cross River State Government delegation to Yala Local Government Area to establish the state of issues within the disputing communities of Oba/Itega Okpame on Saturday, the federal government has determined to take over the possession of the disputed land pending the peaceable decision of the matter.
Governor Ben Ayade had delegated of his aides led by the Director-General, Cross River State Due Process and Price Intelligence Bureau, Barr Alphonsus Ogar Eba to finish hostilities and guarantee peace is restored between the disputing communities. The affected communities are in O’oh Ward of Yala LGA.
It was gathered that after assembly with key stakeholders together with conventional leaders, chiefs, and youths in Okpoma, resolved that each one youths within the bush are given 2 hours to go away the bush or to be arrested by the navy and joint safety businesses from 6pm.
“Village chiefs in affected communities have been additionally given 24hrs to resolve matter or have their certificates of recognition withdrawn.
Youth leaders behind disaster are to be arrested and prosecuted forthwith.
While the Governor regrets the pointless lack of life and destruction of property, he urged the people to keep up peace as Yala has by no means been related to violence.
The governor’s message was delivered by the DG Barr Ogar Eba, who was accompanied by the chairman Yala Security Council, Mr Eddy Achi, Hon. Regina Anyogo, Barr. Godwin Offiono, Mr Omaga Odo and Mr John Odey Ohiero.
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- Admin Assistant at Jed Airlines
- Store Clerk – Golden Pasta at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc