The Cross River State House of Assembly has commenced the enactment of the ‘Establishment of the Border Security Agency’ .
The Bill which was sponsored by the member representing Obubra 1 state constituency in the Cross River State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Friday Gabriel Okpechi.
“The Law shall provide vigilante patrol services at the borderlines of Cross River State in order to assist the police in keeping and maintaining peace in State and ensure safety of all residents and for other connected purposes”, Okpechi said.
Continuing, Rt. Hon FG Okpechi said the objectives of the Agency shall be ‘to promote peace and protect citizens of the state especially those around the border communities in the state’
“Engage in surveillance around and within the border communities in the state”.
“Compliment the efforts of the ‘Homeland Security’ outfits in the state and increase economic development to residents and tourists in the state”.
“Liaise with other Security agencies and international organizations to ensure safety of lives and properties around the border communities”.
“Guide and guard the entry and exit points of the state”.
“Immediately notify the State Security Agencies of any threat to lives and properties of residents of the state”.
“Monitor any illegal activities at the state border”.
“To stop and search any suspected person, vehicles or vessel at the state border”.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution