The Cross River State House of Assembly Committee on “Public Accounts” has expressed displeasure at the inattitude of the State Chairman, Internal Revenue Service Mr. Akpanke Ogar.
This was disclosed, when the Chairman and Members of the Committee went on courtesy visit to the Cross River State Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office.
The Chairman of the Committee, Rt. Hon. Okpechi Friday Gabriel, explained that the purpose of the visit was to look at ssues affecting the state dwindling economy, but met the Chairman’s absence.
Members lamented that attitude of the IRS Chairman is an eye-opener and a clear indication that the institution is trading on some shady deals, they assured that the Assembly will take drastic measures to ensure that the Chairman appears before the House to offer explanation.
The Committee noted the action was a deliberate act, targeted at embarrassing Members of the Committee adding that the IRS Chairman got serveral officials letters informing him of the visit by the Committee.
Speaking to one of the aides of the IRS Chairman, through a phone conversation, the IRS Chairman claimed that the Speaker of the Assembly, Rt. Hon. Eteng Jones Williams had before now intimated him that the IRS does not falls under Public Accounts Committee’s scrutiny, as such he should ignored all their calls
The Speaker, however debunked the alligators as untrue and baseless.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group