CRSHA Committee frowns at the inattitude of IRS Chairman.
The Cross River State House of Assembly Committee on “Public Accounts” has expressed displeasure at the inattitude of the State Chairman, Internal Revenue Service Mr. Akpanke Ogar.
This was disclosed, when the Chairman and Members of the Committee went on courtesy visit to the Cross River State Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office.
The Chairman of the Committee, Rt. Hon. Okpechi Friday Gabriel, explained that the purpose of the visit was to look at ssues affecting the state dwindling economy, but met the Chairman’s absence.
Members lamented that attitude of the IRS Chairman is an eye-opener and a clear indication that the institution is trading on some shady deals, they assured that the Assembly will take drastic measures to ensure that the Chairman appears before the House to offer explanation.
The Committee noted the action was a deliberate act, targeted at embarrassing Members of the Committee adding that the IRS Chairman got serveral officials letters informing him of the visit by the Committee.
Speaking to one of the aides of the IRS Chairman, through a phone conversation, the IRS Chairman claimed that the Speaker of the Assembly, Rt. Hon. Eteng Jones Williams had before now intimated him that the IRS does not falls under Public Accounts Committee’s scrutiny, as such he should ignored all their calls
The Speaker, however debunked the alligators as untrue and baseless.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
- All You Need To Know About SS3 ‘Benefit Boys’ Who Resumed School With iPhone 11 And Benz
See more posts about
#latest Cross River news today, #latest news on CRSHA Committee, #Public Accounts
Share this post with your Friends on