Abara Etop, Calabar
The Cross River State House Assembly’s Committee on Public Accounts, has vowed to recover all public funds not accounted for by former leaders of the third tier of Government from 2011- 2015.
The Chairman of the Committee and Member representing Obubra 1 state constituency, Rt. Hon. Okpechi Friday Gabriel, disclosed this when Ikom and Etung Local Government Council’s took their turns to offer explanation in the ongoing Committee’s verification of Audited Accounts of the 18 Local Government Council’s as submitted to the House by the Office of the Auditor General for Local Government.
Okpechi, frawned at the attitude of non-retirements of financial advances granted officials and other transaction carried through shortcuts or without due process.
Also reacting, the Vice Chairman of the Committee and Member representing Bekwarra, Hon. Edward Ajang, charged functionries of Local Government Council’s to cooperate with the Committee and ensure all defaulters are invited for questioning, adding that the 9th Assembly is very concerned about the prudent management of public funds.
In his response, the HOLGA, Ikom, Mr. Julius Adie, promised to carry out the Committee’s directives accordingly.
Present at the interactive meeting was Rt. Hon. Fred Osim, Deputy Leader of the House as well as Rt. Hon. Elizabeth Ironbar, Member representing Akpabuyo.
The Committee adjourned to reconvene on Tuesday, 26th November with Obubra Local Government Council.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022