By Victor Osim, Calabar
The Speaker of the Cross River State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Eteng Jonah Williams, has assured the Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators (ICMC) of his support.
He gave the assurance when a team from the State branch of the ICMC paid him a courtesy call in his Office to intimate him of their functions.
Williams who regretted that inter communal clashes in the State has become alarming especially within Abi/Yakurr axis, emphasising that importance of peace to development, promising that members will be properly briefed to key in to the programmes outline by ICMC.
He urged the ICMC team to continue with their advocacy which he said will go a long way to reduce conflict across the State adding that Members will be very happy to be part of the training on how to control communal clashes and youth violence proposed by the ICMC.
Earlier, the Chairman of the Membership Mobilization and sensitization Committee of the Institute of Chartered Mediators and conciliators (ICMC) Calabar Branch Mr. Joe Imoh Odey, said the visit was to interact with Members on possible areas of collaboration in alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, which he said is very effective in the Administration of Justice and amicable dispute resolution, peace building and peacemaking.
Imoh stated that the Institute has carefully and closely followed the achievements of the 9th Assembly and expressed the Institute’s desire to partner with the Assembly to enable the State achieve her goals in making Calabar and Cross River State a peace haven.
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group