The police have said members of various cult groups are planning to cause havoc in Ogun State on Saturday, August 8.
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, made this known in a statement on Friday.
Oyeyemi said the police had intelligence report that the said cultists are “planning to mark what they called ‘8/8’ tomorrow; being the 8th of August 2020.”
According to him, the intelligence report revealed that the 8/8 celebration might result in bloodletting as well as “wanton destruction of properties.”
In view of this, police have sent a strong warning to those having such “devilish plan.”
While charging them to have a rethink, Oyeyemi said the move will be strongly resisted by security agencies.
According to him, all the command’s tactical squads, DPOs and Area Commanders have been put on red alert to nip any criminal act in the bud.
“The full weight of the law will descend on any member of any unlawful societies who intends to use public places to perpetrate evil,” it was said.
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group
- Ongoing recruitment in a Fast Rising Agro-Chemical Company