CYBER CRIME: NIGERIAN HACKERS TARGET 50,000 FINANCE EXECS, WORLD BIGGEST BANKS TO SCAM IN 2019
A gaggle of Nigerian Hackers typically often called “London Blue” have plans to swindle 50,000 finance executives all through every sector of the globe in 2018, a contemporary investigation has revealed.
The hackers, who operate in 17 languages, primarily aim chief financial officers by means of email correspondence, tricking them to ship agency funds.
In a model new report by cybersecurity company Agari, which investigated the group after coming beneath assault itself, London Blue has collaborators inside the US, UK, and Europe.
“Targets included companies in a very broad range of sectors, from small businesses to the largest multinational corporations,” the report study.
According to CNN, the FBI estimates that corporations world large misplaced better than $12 billion by means of this kind of email correspondence rip-off between October 2013 and May 2018.
Agari acknowledged it has shared its findings with the US and the UK authorities, following the group’s plan to swindle a couple of of the world’s best banks.
“Several of the world’s biggest banks each had dozens of executives listed,” Agari acknowledged.
“The group also singled out mortgage companies for special attention, which would enable scams that steal real estate purchases or lease payments.”
Agari added that the information retrieved reveals “CFO victims at one of the world’s top private universities, a major enterprise data storage company, a famed guitar maker, casinos and hotels, a retirement home, and small and medium-sized businesses of all types.”
The people behind London Blue keep largely unknown.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- You Have No Future With APC — Omini Urges Nigerians To Move To PDP
- JUST IN!! 356 Soldiers Tender Resignation To Buratai, Cite Loss Of Interest
- BREAKING!! Nigeria To Go On Total Lockdown Till November 2020 (Read Details)
- Detain Magu For 28 Days — Fayose Tells Presidential Panel
- Apply Now: Nigeria Police Begins Recruitment
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on