A 62-year-old man in Kano State has been arrested for chaining and locking up 16-year-old daughter, Fatima, for rejecting forced marriage.
It was revealed that the suspect Muhammad Ujujud, a resident of Rinji village in Madobi Local Government Area of the state locked up the teenager as punishment for refusing to accept a husband he forced on her.
A member of the community who secretly leaked the story to journalists explained that the man was notorious for meting out corporal punishment on his family and he was dreaded in the village.
According to the locals, Mr Ujudud only rarely fed his captive children with food. “He hardly gave them food to eat. They sleep and defecate in just one point,” said a neighbor who preferred not to be named.
Appearing pale and ill, NAPTIP officials then took Binta to a private hospital in Kano, where she is currently receiving treatments.
In an interview with DAILY NIGERIAN reporter, one of the sons of Mr Ujudud who fled his father’s way of punishment, confirmed that his brother Shehu starved to death in captivity.
He added that his mother died few years ago and his father is now living with their step mother.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022