DANGER!! Unrest in Nigeria Over ‘False COVID-19 Vaccines’ Circulation
On Friday, the Nigerian authorities cautioned against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines in the country, which is expected to receive 10 million real doses of vaccines in March.
“In Nigeria, there are reports of fake vaccines,” Mojisola Adeyeye, Director-General of the National Food Drug and Administration Control Agency (NAFDAC) of Nigeria, said during a virtual press conference.
The NAFDAC is pleading with the public to be vigilant. NAFDAC has not authorised any Covid vaccines, she said. “Covid-like illnesses or other serious illnesses that could kill can be caused by fake vaccines.”
The anticipated vaccines in Nigeria add to the planned 100,000 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, although it was not specified the form of jab would be used in March for the 10 million doses.
It was also unclear if the batch will be sponsored by the African Union (AU) or as part of COVAX, which connects private partners with the World Health Organization (WHO) to work towards pooled procurement and fair distribution.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021