Former Manchester United, Real Madrid and England football star David Beckham has been banned from driving for six months after he was caught using his mobile phone behind the wheel.
A court heard he was photographed by a member of the public holding a phone while driving his luxury Bentley car in London’s West End on November 21.
Prosecutor Matthew Spratt, said:
“Instead of looking straight forward, paying attention to the road, he appeared to be looking at his lap”
“He (the witness) says that the defendant was operating a handheld device at knee level. At that moment a photograph was taken.”
The 44 year old star ,who boasts of Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Bentley Bentayga,Cadillac Escalade, Bentley Mulsanne and a Rolls-Royce Phantom Drop Head Coupe to mention a few , received six points on his licence to add to the six he already had for previous speeding matters.
He was also fined £750, ordered to pay £100 in prosecution costs and a £75 surcharge fee within seven days.
Beckham’s defence barrister Gerrard Tyrrell said the former Man U midfielder had “no recollection of the day in question or this particular incident”.
“There is no excuse for what took place but his view is that he cannot remember.”
Credit : BBC
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution