It is no longer news that a sequel to the 1988 American romantic comedy which featured Eddie Murphy is in the making.
However, what is news is that Nigerian Afro-pop superstar, David Adeleke, better known by his stage name Davido, will be making an appearance in the upcoming sequel; “Coming To America 2”. This information was made known by Ghanaian/Liberian actor and comedian, Michael Blackson.
Blackson took to his twitter page to state that Davido revealed to him that he has a performance appearance in the upcoming movie:
“Davido told me he has a performance scene in the movie #ComingToAmerica2 congrats homie.”
Davido told me he has a performance scene in the movie #ComingToAmerica2 congrats homie.
— Michael Blackson (@MichaelBlackson) September 21, 2019
In the sequel, former Prince Akeem is set to become King of Zamunda when he discovers he has a son he never knew about in America – a street-savvy Queens native named Lavelle. Honouring his father’s dying wish to groom this son as the crowned prince, Akeem and Semmi set off to America.
Coming to America 1
Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall will be reprising their roles of Prince Akeem and his BFF Semmi. Other returning cast members are James Earl Jones as King Jaffe Joffer, Shari Headley as Lisa McDowell, John Amos as Cleo McDowell, Paul Bates as Oha, Louie Anderson as Maurice and Vanessa Bell Calloway – as Imani Izzi.
They would be joined by Jermaine Fowler, Wesley Snipes, Tracy Morgan, Leslie Jones, KiKi Layne, Rick Ross, Luenell, Rotimi, Teyana Taylor and Michael Blackson.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )