Defect To APC, Lose Your Seat — Former Governor Tells Incumbent Governor Over Defection Rumours
A former governor of Zamfara State, Alhaji AbulAziz Yari, has told the state governor, Bello Matawalle, to note that he would lose his seat if he leaves the Peoples Democratic Party, going by the Supreme Court’s verdict that brought him to power in 2019.
Yari spoke at the secretariat of the All Progressives Congress in Gusau on Sunday, during the distribution of N1.3bn assorted grains he purchased for the APC supporters as Ramadan gift.
He was represented by Senator Kabiru Marafa.
He said nobody had informed them either verbally or in writing that Matawalle was defecting to the APC.
He, however, cautioned that the apex court nullified the election of the APC candidates in 2019 and announced the PDP candidates as winners who would remain in power till 2023.
“As such, until after that period, any PDP elected officer who defects to another party must also vacate his seat going by the court’s judgment,” he said.
Yari said Matawalle was being misled by some people to join the APC “forgetting the circumstances that have made him to become the governor of the state.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution