Defection: We Won’t Follow You To APC — Cross River PDP Lawmakers Reject Ayade
Despite the defection of the state governor, Ben Ayade, to the All Progressives Congress, federal MPs from Cross River State who were elected on the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) platform yesterday declared they will remain in the party.
Greshom Bassey, the senator representing Cross River South in the Senate, revealed this to reporters at the National Assembly in Abuja.
He stated that though Ayade’s defection was regretful, given that he had won all of his elections on the PDP platform, the news would have no detrimental impact on the PDP in the state.
The legislator stated that the majority of members of the National and State Houses of Assembly would remain committed to the PDP.
“His defection will have no negative ramifications for the PDP in the state since the party remains strong and the majority party in the state,” Senator Bassey said. The PDP retains the support of the majority of members of the National and State Houses of Assembly. The major players are still on board, and some of his appointees have offered to retire rather than follow him. As a result, the PDP maintains its stronghold in the state.
The majority of National Assembly members do not support Ayade. We are still active and committed members of the PDP.”
Credit: Daily Trust
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates