The former Minister for Defence, General Theophirus Danjuma has called on Nigerians to rise and defend themselves against ethnic cleansing.
Danjuma gave this warning today (Saturday) at the maiden Convocation ceremony of Taraba state university in Jalingo Taraba state capital.
TY Danjuma speaking at arena of the convocation, said he saw a diverse cultural display organized by Taraba state cultural groups which to him showed that state represents Nigeria in all aspect.
He said the unnecessary killings which is a target to ethnic cleansing on the people of Taraba and Nigeria at large must stop, just as he called on the people to ‘rise and defend themselves against the killers ”
“You must rise to protect yourselves from these people, if you depend on the Arm Forces to protect you, you will all die”
“This ethnic creasing must stop in Taraba, and it must stop in Nigeria. These killers have been protected by the military, they cover them and you must be watchful to guide and protect yourselves because you have no any other place to go”
“The ethnic cleansing must stop now otherwise Somalia will be a child play”
*“I ask all of you to be on your alert and defend your country, defend your state” he said.*
- Recent Vacancies at Glyde Lubricants Limited
- Employment Opportunities in a Leading Real Estate and Construction Company
- Latest Recruitment in a Top Class Private Hospital
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Job Vacancies at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Senior Associate – Capital Markets Accounting Advisory at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Career Opportunities at FHON Consulting