A 39-year-old woman has been arrested in Ekiti State for stealing a 2-month-old baby.
The baby was stolen from his mother Funmilayo Sunday on Friday September 20, after being tricked into following Momoh to Ekiti State Secretariat under the guise of getting some relief materials being given by government to flood victims.
The command spokesperson, Caleb Ikechukwu who confirmed the arrest of the suspect said investigation is still ongoing.
“It is confirmed that the woman who stole Two-Month-Old baby has been arrested by the operatives of the Ekiti Police Command.
“The suspect is Mercy Momoh, a 39-yr-old lady from Edo State. She was apprehended through intelligence made available to the police and would be prosecuted after conclusion of investigation.
“Investigation is still on going. More details will come to reveal what really transpired.
“All I can tell you is that the woman that stole the infant baby has been arrested and investigation is still ongoing
“We call on members of the public to be careful when dealing with strangers. The suspect was apparently nice to the victim, that was why she got the baby easily. Citizens should not be carried away by kind strangers”, Ikechukwu said.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line