Despite Curfew, Police Raises Alarm Over Massive Infiltration of Unkown Gunmen Into Cross River
Sikiru Kayode Akande, the Commissioner of Police in Cross River State, has warned that intelligence sources have revealed a significant infiltration of unusual people and suspected criminals.
This, he believes, portends increased risk to the state and country, and urges everyone to be vigilant about security.
He said that his outfit uncovered a sea, land, and air incursion into the state.
Akande bemoaned the behavior of the alleged criminals and hoodlums, saying that his command will make life extremely difficult.
“I want to emphasize unequivocally that the various degrees of attacks on security agencies/destruction of infrastructure that we are experiencing nationwide, particularly the steady infiltration of suspected criminals, is very concerning, barbarous, and portends danger to all and sundry,” he remarked in his office on Diamond Hill in Calabar.
He stated that the force has launched a significant operation to keep illegal people out of the state.
He stated that anybody entering the state must have their data collected in order to determine their crime-free status.
“If people enter the state, their data will be collected, and they may or may not pose a security concern to us,” he stated.
He urged traditional rulers, community leaders, youth leaders, and religious leaders not to dismiss these grave security threats as solely the responsibility of the police.
Daily Trust is the source of this information.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021