The Department of Public Transportation has known as on residents of Calabar to all the time use pedestrian bridges whereas crossing busy arras within the metropolis.
Comrade Godwin Nyiam, the Director General of The Department who made this identified on Saturday whereas addressing pedestrians on the University of Calabar minigate and Marian Market pedrdtrian bridge mentioned careless crossing of roads in busy areas with out utilizing the pedestrians bridges contravenes site visitors guidelines and offenders can be prosecuted.
Comrade Nyiam mentioned the bridges had been erected for use and crossing the roads the place the bridges are positioned is unacceptable.
“The bridges at Marian Market, Unical Mini gate, 8 Miles are all practical and people crossing one level of the highway to the opposite the place such brigades exist will not be accepted. The bridges ought to be used”.
He mentioned a staff of his personnel can be stationed round such bridges to watch and implement use of the bridge”
Our position is to make sure security of lives on our roads and we’re going to dwell as much as our mandate”.
He known as on all to get used to get use of pedestrian bridges to save lots of themselves from the chance of being knocked down by automobiles and in addition being accosted by his operatives stationed across the bridges to make sure compliance.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager