By Amuda Dan Sulaiman FAB
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the February 23 senatorial election in Kogi West, Senator Smart Adeyemi, has boasted he will defeat Senator Dino Melaye of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the fresh election ordered by the Court of Appeal on Friday.
Senator Melaye lost his appeal on the grounds that his application challenging the judgment of the Tribunal, could not prove the allegations that he was not given a fair hearing.
Adeyemi in a telephone chat with Kogiwatch, alleged that Melaye had never won any election as he claimed.
“Dino has never won any election, it’s all manipulations. But the judiciary has vindicated us and further reinstated our hope and that it’s the last hope of the masses.
“There’s no basis for comparison between Dino and I, if INEC conducts election again, I will beat him arms down,” he said.
Meanwhile, all Senator Melaye’s legislative aides have since yesterday deserted him.
One of his aides who never wanted his name in print told this reporter in Lokoja that, “we are happy with the court judgement. Nemesis has catch up with him.
“Dino has not paid us our salaries for three months now, but was busy buying cars every month. God is more than him.
“He also turned his back on those who helped him to manipulate the February election.
“Since he assumed office he has refused to respond to calls from his supporters,” the aide said.
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group