Doctors have discovered about 526 teeth inside a 7-year-old Indian boy’s mouth. “He always complain of jaw pain”, the hospital that treated him said.
The boy whose name was not mentioned, was admitted last month in the southern city of Chennai because of swelling and pain near his molars in his lower right jaw.
When doctors according to CNN, scanned and x-rayed his mouth, they found a sac embedded in his lower jaw filled with “abnormal teeth,” Dr. Prathiba Ramani, the head of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology at Saveetha Dental College and Hospital, said.
Ramani said the boy was suffering from a very rare condition called compound composite odontoma, noting that it took his team about four to five hours to empty the sac after two surgeons had operated on the boy.
Dr. P. Senthilnathan, head of the hospital’s Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department and one of two surgeons who operated on the boy, detailed the procedure to CNN.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution