Donald Trump drops plan to host G-7
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he is reversing his plan to hold the next Group of Seven world leaders’ meeting at his Doral, Florida, golf resort.
Accused of using the presidency to enrich himself, Trump announced a rare backtrack on Twitter on Saturday night.
He writes that, “based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020.” He says his administration “will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately.”
The president’s acting chief of staff, Mick Mulavey, held a press conference Thursday announcing the choice of Doral for the summit. He insisted his staff had concluded it was “far and away the best physical facility.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- JUST IN!! PDP Crisis Continues In Cross River As NWC Postponed Congress
- BREAKING!! Aisha Buhari Seriously Sick, Secretly Flown To Saudi Arabia For Treatment
- JUST IN!! Attorney-General of The Federation Orders IG of Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers
- Omini Warns INEC Chairman Mammud, We Will Not Allow Buhari, Oshiomhle To Rig Edo Elections
- All You Need To Know About SS3 ‘Benefit Boys’ Who Resumed School With iPhone 11 And Benz
Share this post with your Friends on