A clergyman who has been identified as Elebena Chukwu has claimed that he will shut down the ongoing Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) reality TV show with his spiritual power if the federal government fails to do so.
In a now-viral video, the Anambra-based clergyman also called out President Muhammadu Buhari for not calling off the show despite the coronavirus pandemic.
Chukwu, who is the pastor of Jehovah the Mightier than all Ministry, also fumed about the rationality behind the reality TV show, saying that that it promotes immorality.
“If Nigerian government does not shut BBNaija down, l will shut it down by force. With spiritual capability, l can do it,” he said.
“I know who I am; I’m not a prophet that is boasting. With my spiritual level, I will destroy BBNaija; I’ll use my spiritual power on them.
“So, it’s better for you people (government) to close them now because they are consuming and destroying the mind of our children. I cannot take this nonsense again from this country.”
The prophet’s threat comes days after Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, was reported to have asked the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to take the show off the air over COVID-19 fears.
The 2020 edition of the show started on July 19 with the winner expected to win N85 million grand prize, The CABLE reports.
- UPDATED! Attacked On Governor’s Convoy, Death Toll Rises To 30
- BREAKING!! Many Confirmed Missing As Truck Plunges Into River In Lagos
- 2023 Presidency: North Considering Jonathan To Take Over From Buhari
- Ondo Governorship Election: Fear Grips APC As Makinde, Tambuwal, Mimiko Meet To Forge Last Minute Alliance To …
- Nationwide Strike: Airspace Joins NLC, Vow To Shutdown Operation