The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu, has directed the Commissioners of Police in States where the social restriction orders have been emplaced to continue with the due enforcement of the orders.
He gave the directive in a statement posted on the verified Twitter handle of the Nigeria Police Force on Thursday.
Adamu noted that it was that time when Christians commemorate the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and rejoiced with the Christian community in the country.
He, however, stressed that the restriction orders in Lagos, Ogun and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) – to curb the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country – were still effective.
The police boss, therefore, called on religious leaders in the states and the FCT, as well as other states affected by the restriction orders to continue to cooperate with relevant government agencies.
He also urged them to use their leadership positions to encourage worshippers to observe prayers and worship programmes in the confines of their homes.
Adamu explained that the call has become necessary in order to curtail the community spread of the COVID-19 pandemic which has immensely challenged humanity across all spheres of life.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health