The Emir of Anka in Zamfara, Attahiru Ahmed, has advised low and middle income earning Nigerian men not to marry more than one wife as practicing polygamy will only make them poorer.
Emir Ahmed gave the advice when he spoke during the distribution of some women empowerment items donated by Hajia Aisha Bello-Matawalle, wife of the state governor over the weekend.
The monarch said ;
“Civil servants on a salary of N15,000 a month marry more than one wife and end up raising families they cannot cater for. It is this attitude that is responsible for increasing out-of-school children because the parents cannot shoulder the responsibility. People should marry in accordance with their earnings to ensure that their children have sound education and good moral background,” .
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank