The President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Prof Abiodun Ogunyemi, has kicked against the federal government’s move to reopen schools amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
On Monday, the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, announced that President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reopening of schools across the country.
But Ogunyemi, speaking on Channels Television on Wednesday, said the Federal Government has not put in place enough measures to contain the spread of the pandemic in schools.
According to the ASUU president, every level of government must be carried along
“The ministry (Federal), state ministries, have responsibilities; state education boards have responsibilities, local education boards have responsibilities; the thing has to trickle down.
“The basis for reopening of schools is not there yet. The government must go back to the drawing board. They have to put what they have to put in place before they open our schools,”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health