Igbos have been told to forget ever dreaming of having anyone from the region become the President of Nigeria.
A popular Igbo group, the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has told politicians from the South-East not to waste their funds on the 2023 presidency as no Igbo man will ever rule Nigeria.
MASSOB’s National Director of Information, Mr Sunday Okereafor, who stated this during a telephone interview with Punch on Wednesday, insisted that having a President of Nigeria from the South East region is impossible.
According to him, the plot to ensure that no Igbo would ever assume the position of President began after the civil war. He added that any Igbo who decided to run for the presidency in 2023, would only be wasting his or her money.
“Those people calling them to be ready for the presidency are not sincere. We know that it will turn out to be a waste of funds and a waste of time. The Igbo will never rule Nigeria; so, the Igbo politicians should avoid wasting their money.
“Alex Ekwueme tried it and failed, Rochas Okorocha went and failed, Ogbonnaya Onu went there and failed. Also, Odumegwu Ojukwu tried the presidency and failed; a lot of Igbo tried it and failed,
Okereafor urged Igbo youths to engage themselves in meaningful ventures and shun any politician from Igbo extraction seeking their support for Igbo presidency.
He pointed out that some Igbo in government only went there to get money, saying nobody will take them seriously when the time to occupy critical positions in government comes.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health