Comrade Godwin Nyiam, Director General of the Department of Public Transportation, DOPT, on Monday led a group of his males to excessive site visitors areas in Calabar to clear merchants who’ve turned main roads as gross sales factors for his or her items.
Comrade Nyiam and his group visited locations like Calabar Road, Effigy Roundabout, Bedwell, Nelson Mandela Road, Lagos and Garden Streets to clear the merchants and ensured that site visitors strikes easily across the metropolis.
“Traders have turned some major streets around the Watt Market into selling points and shops and this is unacceptable to us that is why we moved them away from the roads”.
He mentioned retailers exist available in the market and merchants are to make use of these retailers and never the street and the train will proceed till merchants and hawkers study to promote their items contained in the market and never the street”.
“We have announced on radio and television that the roads in the city are not meant for people to display their goods and anyone who fails to heed to our directives would not be allowed to contravene traffic rules in the city”.
He mentioned displaying items on the roads distorts the great thing about the atmosphere and Cross River is a vacationer sate and the whole lot proper can be completed to maintain the place clear and tidy.
“We will continue to carry out clearance of the roads and nobody will stop us from carrying out our mandate” , Nyaim declared.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited