Drama In Port Harcourt As Governor Wike Refuses To Take AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine, Gives Reasons
Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, was not present as the state government started the first phase of COVID-19 vaccination, which will help foster immunity and minimize infection in the state.
Governor was conspicuously absent from the ceremony, unlike his counterparts in other states who received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to raise citizens’ morale.
The Deputy Governor, Ipalibo Banigo-Harry, who performed the flag-off on behalf of the governor at Government House in Port Harcourt, characterized the exercise as historic in the battle against COVID-19.
Many citizens have found it difficult to cope with the disturbance of their lives and health since the outbreak of COVID-19 in December 2019, he said, adding that “the vaccine used in this campaign has earned authorization from the World Health Organization (WHO) and is therefore reliable and safe for administration.”
“They can aid in the reduction of COVID-19 disease transmission, severity, and death. I urge you to follow the vaccine distribution instructions and take advantage of the opportunity to protect yourself and others from this deadly virus.
This vaccine is specifically for frontline healthcare staff and strategic leaders in the first step. More people will have the ability to get vaccinated in the coming weeks.”
At their most recent emergency virtual meeting, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) resolved that State Governors and their Deputies would receive the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution