Two officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) were caught on camera fighting passengers in a vehicle going from Ikeja to Obalende.
The LASTMA officials with badge name E. A. Fagbuyi and N. Oladega accosted the bus driver at Toll Gate (7up) bus-stop, along Berger road in the Lagos metropolis. They accused him of boycotting them since last week and demanded money for the supposed ‘offense’.
The bus conductor says in the vehicle that they were seeking N100 bribe, and things took a different turn after Fagbuyi took charge of the vehicle and began heading to an unknown location.
It was gathered that after the passengers protested, the heated argument which ensued degenerated into a physical combat. During the fight, Mr Oladega assaulted one of the passengers identified as Sandra and also broke her phone screen.
The officials allegedly threatened to harm the lady for demanding that her phone be repaired. Sandra told the Premium Times reporter at the scene;
“I have been molested and I can’t take it. I was receiving when one of the officials came to drag my phone and threw it on the floor. He broke the screen already. These guys are thugs and should not be accommodated in Lagos.”
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group