An Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Thursday ordered that a 65-year-old driver, Joseph Ifetun, who allegedly defiled his neighbour’s eight-year-old daughter, be remanded in a correctional centre, pending legal advice.
Magistrate B.O Osunsanmi, who did not take the plea of Ifetun, ordered that Ifetun be remanded in a correctional facility in Kirikiri, pending legal advice from the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Osunsanmi adjourned the case until Nov. 28 for mention, NAN reports.
Ifetun, who resides at Ojo area of Lagos, is charged with defilement.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Aug. 17 at his residence.
Ayorinde said that the matter was reported to the police by the girl’s mother.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution