Several cartons of medicine suspected to be tramadol hidden inside luggage of garri has been recovered from an unidentified drug vendor in Onitsha, Anambra State.
The Director-General of the National Agency For Food and Drugs Administration and Control, NAFDAC, Prof. Moji Adeyeye disclosed this on Wednesday in the midst of the inauguration of NAFDAC-Young Against Drug Abuse Awareness, YADA marketing campaign.
According to Prof Adeyeye who was represented by the state coordinator of NAFDAC, Mrs Christiana Esenwah, the banned drug was discovered hidden inside 5 completely completely different luggage of garri after the vendor absconded on sighting officers from the company.
The DG, who made a lecture on the topic: ‘Abuse of psychoactive drugs in Nigeria: Our Problem’, expressed concern over the velocity at which drug is being abused amongst youths nationwide, largely throughout the North-West zone of the nation.
“It is estimated that over 70 per cent of youthful boys in Kano are on medicine, whereas numerous youthful ladies and women of childbearing age abuse medicine in order to battle frustration, Adeyeye acknowledged.
Also speaking in opposition to drug abuse was YADA’s challenge coordinator, Onyeka Obidiegwu, who talked about throughout her speech that the marketing campaign was a student-based programme important to sensitize school college students on the dangers of drug abuse throughout the society.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021