The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) says over 100 million Nigerians have no identity.
The Director-General of the NIMC, Aliyu Aziz, made the disclosure on Wednesday during a zoom meeting with editors.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Mr Aziz spoke on the topic: “Strategic Roadmap for ID Development.’’
“Over 100 million Nigerians have no identity (ID).
“These include the poorest and the most vulnerable groups, such as the marginalised – women and girls, the less-educated people, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, stateless persons, people with disabilities and people living in rural and remote areas.
“The estimated population of Nigeria stands at 200 million. Only about 38 percent of the population have any form of ID,’’ he said.
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank