The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) says over 100 million Nigerians have no identity.
The Director-General of the NIMC, Aliyu Aziz, made the disclosure on Wednesday during a zoom meeting with editors.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Mr Aziz spoke on the topic: “Strategic Roadmap for ID Development.’’
“Over 100 million Nigerians have no identity (ID).
“These include the poorest and the most vulnerable groups, such as the marginalised – women and girls, the less-educated people, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, stateless persons, people with disabilities and people living in rural and remote areas.
“The estimated population of Nigeria stands at 200 million. Only about 38 percent of the population have any form of ID,’’ he said.
- Landmark University Recruitment 2021 & Jobs Vacancies (5 Positions)
- Management Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Graduate Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360