Mutiple bomb attacks have interrupted Easter Celebrations in three Sri Lanka cities; Colombo, Negombo and Baticalao , this morning. There have now been at least seven bombings reported. Three churches were attacked during Easter mass, and three five star hotels were also hit in the attacks. Death toll has now risen to 156 and casualties continue to arrive in hospitals.
The Prime Minister who condemned the attacks saying it’s a “cowardly act” has now called for an emergency security meeting. According to the Police, three churches and three hotels were hit in a coordinated blast that left more than 150 persons and wounded nearly 400. 35 foreigners are among the dead. A source in the police bomb squad said that one of the explosions was at St Anthony’s Church in Colombo. The church posted pictures of destruction inside the church on its Facebook page,and requested help from the public.
At least two of the hotels and one of the churches are in the capital, Colombo. Another church is in Negombo, north of Colombo.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager