Panic As Fresh Ebola Outbreak Hits Africa Very Hard, WHO Reacts
The World Health Organisation, WHO, has revealed the likely source of the new outbreak of Ebola virus in Republic of Congo.
Director-General, Dr.Tedros Ghebreyesus on Wednesday debunked reports that the new outbreak is linked to the previous outbreak in the region.
According to him, the new Ebola virus is likely from an animal source.
Tedros said this during a virtual press briefing on Wednesday.
He disclosed that investigations were still ongoing to determine the source of the new outbreak of Ebola.
“Genetic sequencing from new Ebola cases in Democratic Republic of Congo has revealed that the outbreak is not linked to north kivu or the 2018 equetor outbreak, investigations are ongoing to understand the source but likely a new introduction from an animal source.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- DO YOU AGREE?? No EFCC, ICPC Will Stop Nigerian Leaders From Stealing’ — Dave Umahi
- BUT WHY NA!! Winners Chapel Pastor Arrested For Allegedly Raping His Co-pastor
- SAD NEWS!! Husband Dies Of Shock After He And His Wife Were Defrauded Of N5Million By Fake Herbalist
- WAR FOR WAR!! We Will Meet Violence With Violence — Oshiomhole Sends Strong Message To Obaseki
- BREAKING!! FG Sends Very Important Message To Private Schools
Share this post with your Friends on