The World Health Organisation, WHO, has revealed the likely source of the new outbreak of Ebola virus in Republic of Congo.
Director-General, Dr.Tedros Ghebreyesus on Wednesday debunked reports that the new outbreak is linked to the previous outbreak in the region.
According to him, the new Ebola virus is likely from an animal source.
Tedros said this during a virtual press briefing on Wednesday.
He disclosed that investigations were still ongoing to determine the source of the new outbreak of Ebola.
“Genetic sequencing from new Ebola cases in Democratic Republic of Congo has revealed that the outbreak is not linked to north kivu or the 2018 equetor outbreak, investigations are ongoing to understand the source but likely a new introduction from an animal source.”
- Landmark University Recruitment 2021 & Jobs Vacancies (5 Positions)
- Management Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Graduate Trainee at Integrated Dairies Limited (IDL)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360